This week’s #ArthritisAtHome features Parkash Ragsdale, Pharmacist; and Lecturer & Coordinator, Practice Innovation Primary Care, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia
On this episode of Arthritis At Home, Cheryl Koehn has a conversation with Parkash Ragsdale, a licensed pharmacist with over 25 years combined experience in academic, non-profit, corporate, regulatory and primary care environments. Parkash answers commonly asked questions about the flu vaccine, including:
- What is a flu vaccine and how does it work?
- Why is it important for people who are immunosuppressed to get the flu vaccine?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected timely access to and how you receive the flu vaccine?
Check out these helpful resources:
- The Public Health Agency of Canada: Flu: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/flu-influenza.html
- BCCDC 2020/21 Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Eligibility: https://bit.ly/BCCDC2020-21SeasonalInfluenzaVaccineEligibility
- The College of Pharmacists of British Columbia’s “Find a Pharmacy Tool”: https://www.bcpharmacists.org/search-pharmacy
- Immunize BC’s Influenza Clinic Locator: http://www.immunizebc.ca/clinics/flu#8/49.246/-123.116