Arthritis At Home – Indoor exercise “snacks” for autumn with Dr. Jasmin Ma
Fall is a season associated with colder temperatures, rain, and warm fireside family time. For those wishing to continue exercising indoor, Dr. Jasmin Ma, Post-Doctoral Fellow at Arthritis Research Canada, provides a series of exercise “snacks” on Arthritis At Home.
In this particular episode of Arthritis At Home, Dr. Ma leads us through upbeat cardio and strengthening exercises, including bridges, dead bug exercise, shoulder rolls and arm raises. In an effort to meet the needs of a wide range of abilities, she provides movement and rest options – a choose your own exercise adventure!
Important things to note before participating in this exercise session:
• Remember to always protect your joints before, during, and after physical activity or exercise.
• If you have any concerns or questions about whether you should participate in this or any Arthritis At Home episode, please consult with your health care team first.
You may need the following for this exercise session
1) Comfortable clothing to exercise in
2) Exercise mat – If you don’t have one you can use a piece of carpet, cushions placed together, or a few towels layered on top of one another, but make sure they won’t slip around while you are performing the exercise movements.
Check out the full series of exercise “snacks” here:
- Part 1 – upbeat cardio
- Part 2 – strengthening exercises
- Part 3 – bridges and arm raises
- Part 4 – resistance band exercises