Arthritis At Home Episode 151 – Running and knee osteoarthritis
In this episode of Arthritis At Home, Ellen Wang, Programs Coordinator for Arthritis Consumer Experts, speaks to Michaela Khan, PhD Candidate and running researcher at the University of British Columbia. Together, they discuss running biomechanics and knee osteoarthritis, including the latest research and common myths. Michaela explains how running can be evaluated by looking at movement and forces, and shares important things to keep in mind as one starts any new activity.
Additional learning resources
- Does running really wreck your knees?
- Podcast: Does running cause knee osteoarthritis? with Dr. Christian Barton
- Infographic: Running Myth – recreational running causes knee osteoarthritis
- Research article: Recreational vs Competitive Running
- JointHealthTM insight – The road to joint replacement surgery